Monday, February 22, 2010

FARAON Red Habanero Sauce


This weekend I picked up a bottle of this hot sauce that I have never had before its called FARAON Red habanero Sauce. I got it at this little mexican market called El Torito Market, they sale groceries, canned goods, Pan Dulce fresh Tortillas and they have a little Carniceria in the back.

On a Scale of 1 to 10 heat wise, 10 being really hot, it was like 6.5ish. It did have some heat and was like your standard hot sauce, with vinegar, salt and tomato base, nothing special. You can see the seeds in the bottle, it kind of had this gelatinous texture to it (almost like the sweet n sour sauce you get at panda express). I personally like the "El Yucateco" brand better.

Overall it is decent, nothing to write home about. I did put it on virtually everything I ate on Saturday and Sunday so that I can have a better opinion on the sauce. I ate with a carne asada burrito on Saturday and some pizza. It went well with a bowl of frijoles, and tasted AIGHT on a breakfast burrito on sunday morning. I wouldn't recommend it on a sandwich ( I usually go with Tapatio and or El Yucateco on a sandwich). Now I'm talking like an american sandwich like tuna, ham, turkey. Now if this like a Torta de machaca or any other mexican style sandwich AKA Torta it will go good because those have beans and avocado and the break is different.

Overall score with taste and heat included 1 to 10 , 10 being the best score I would go with 6 out 10.

Thanks and stay tuned for my next review of some random hot sauce that I find out there.

2 comments:

  1. try the other variety they make, it is much much better and hotter. I buy a bottle every two weeks.

    looks like this:
    http://www.mercadolatino.biz/Public/FactSheet/02555-020-006696.HTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. try the Faraon Yellow Habanero sauce. Its out of this world! It is a pulp of habanero with a mustard twist.

    ReplyDelete